When you order a new device, it will be ready to activate when you power it on. Follow the steps on your device screen to complete activation. If you're unable to activate your phone this way, or if you bring your own device, you can activate it online in My Verizon.
Learn how to activate or swap devices in My Verizon:
- Activate the device on a new line. Learn how.
- Activate the device on an existing line. Learn how.
- Swap numbers between two phones. Learn how.
- For instructions specific to your device, enter "activate [device name]" (e.g., "activate G3") in the Search field on our website. Some of the first search results should be activation guides for the device title you entered.
- Visit our Prepaid Plan FAQs to learn how to activate a prepaid device.
- If you'd like to get a new device, refer to our Add a New Device FAQs.
- If you have problems activating a device, call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.