When you order a new device, it will be ready to activate when you power it on. Follow the steps on your device screen to complete activation.
Prepaid phones: Learn how to activate your prepaid phone in our Prepaid Plans and Service FAQs.
If you're unable to activate your phone after turning it on, or if you bring your own device, you can activate it online in My Verizon.
Learn how to activate or swap devices in My Verizon:
- Activate the device on a new line. Learn how.
- Activate the device on an existing line. Learn how.
- Swap numbers between two phones. Learn how.
- For instructions specific to your device, enter "activate [device name]" (e.g., "activate G3") in the Search field on our website. Some of the first search results should be activation guides for the device title you entered.
- If you'd like to get a new device, refer to our Add a New Device FAQs.
- If you have problems activating a device, click the Chat with us button at the bottom right corner of this page to contact one of our representatives.