Your use of Verizon's Call Filter services and related software and applications (the "Service") is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). These Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless ("Verizon", "Verizon Wireless", "we" or "us"). By using the Service, you accept these Terms, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes to the Terms, you're agreeing to accept those changes. We may also limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue your use of or access to the Service or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice. By using the Service, you agree that you are 18 or older or your parent or guardian has consented to these Terms. Here are some other important things we want you to know about the Service.
- Eligibility; Device Requirements; and Limitations. Call Filter is a network-based and application-based service that provides spam protection tools and caller ID information for calls, texts and voicemails. Call Filter is currently available to postpaid wireless customers only, and requires a compatible device. Customers can enroll in basic spam protection for no additional charge, or enhanced spam protection, caller ID and other premium services for a monthly charge. Call Filter for basic phones will include only basic spam alerts. Spam blocking and other enhanced spam protection tools require download of the Call Filter app on compatible smartphones; caller name and number identification does not require the Call Filter app. Availability of certain features will vary depending on the device. For a full list of compatible devices and available features by device, click on Supported Devices at https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/. The Service is not available for incoming calls from restricted or unlisted numbers. The full Service requires Verizon’s 4G LTE network; limited features of the Service may be available if you are roaming on a VoLTE network outside of Verizon's 4G coverage area. The Service utilizes analytics and databases that are continually evolving. The Service may not work with some of our other services like NumberShare or eSIM lines.
Spam Protection. Basic spam protection is available for postpaid wireless customers at no additional charge. Once basic spam protection is enabled, the Service provides alerts that a call is "Potential Spam" and allows you to automatically block (send directly to voicemail) spam calls based on your preferred risk level and report spam numbers. Enhanced spam protection, available for postpaid wireless customers for a monthly charge, includes these same benefits, plus a risk assessment meter for each spam call and more detailed spam alerts if the caller is a "Robo Caller" or "Potential Fraud". Depending upon your device, you may also be able to view a list of callers that have been blocked and top spam numbers, and block and un-block specific numbers. The Service's spam detection and block management may inadvertently mislabel or block legitimate callers including those to whom you may have given consent to communicate with via your mobile number. You may check your voicemail to determine if the caller is legitimate (if they left a voice message and if you have voicemail enabled). Verizon does not guarantee that all calls that are spam will be detected. Your spam settings such as spam filters and personal block and spam lists will be permanently deleted once you change devices, uninstall the Call Filter app, unsubscribe or downgrade the Service, or in the case of Android users, disable the Call Filter app or clear app cache or data.
Caller ID. The Caller ID service displays the name, phone number, city and state of a caller's phone number, if these details are available and supported by your device. Some devices may only display the caller's name as the full Service may not be available on all devices. Some devices also allow identification of text messages when using an eligible messaging app. Android users may also see the caller's uploaded photo if available. The caller's identity may not show if they are labelled as Robo Caller, Potential Spam or Potential Fraud on certain operating systems. Your saved contact names will show instead of the Service's caller identification (so if a call would normally show as a Robo Caller with the Service, but is in your list of Contacts, that Contact name will show instead). If you upload a photo, your photo will be seen by other Verizon customers that use the Service but will not override a Customer's contact photo (uploading is not available for all devices).
- Subject to the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement. When you signed up to be a customer of Verizon, you entered into a Customer Agreement with us. The Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement including the Arbitration provisions therein. To view the Customer Agreement, use this link: /b2c/support/customer-agreement.
- Fees and Data Charges. You may be eligible for a free trial of the Call Filter service for a specific time period to which you may be auto-enrolled when you activate a new device. Should you choose to subscribe to the paid version of Call Filter service after the free trial ends, monthly charges apply. Data charges apply for download and use of the Service. The Service does not operate on Wi-Fi, so data charges may apply when using the Service even if your device is also connected to Wi-Fi. If your device is eligible for the uploading or receiving of a picture, data charges apply to such uploading and also for receiving pictures. Your use of the Service will be billed to your Verizon account according to your data plan and the monthly recurring fee that you agreed to pay. Your service will auto-renew every month unless canceled.
- Licenses and Restrictions. The Service is the property of Verizon or its licensors. The Service software and any Application installed on your device are licensed and not sold to you. Verizon and its licensors grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, personal, non-commercial license to use the Service for its intended use, in the United States.
- Restrictions on Use. You will not, or permit anyone else to, sell, resell, distribute, sublicense, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, alter, modify, merge, adapt, copy, delete, record, translate, publish, upload, transmit, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, reverse engineer, decompile, attempt to derive the source code, or disassemble the Service of any software that forms part of the Service. You may not use the Service or any part of it for any improper use (including infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights) and must follow all laws. You will not alter, disable, or circumvent any features embedded in the software. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Verizon may revoke this license at any time without notice.
- Branding. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of Verizon's brand are the sole property of Verizon and Verizon does not grant any rights to such branding to you for any use at all. You may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices of the Service.
- User Content. For certain eligible devices, the Service allows you to upload a photo to display. You may choose to attach a photo from your own photo gallery, a new photo that you take, or a photo available for use from an Internet search that you conduct. You are responsible for any content that you upload to the Service. Verizon does not monitor or control the content you choose to send via the Service and, we disclaim all responsibility for such content. Photos that you did not take yourself may be subject to copyright protection which limits or prohibits their copying, transmission and/or use. You agree that you will not attach copyrighted content in a way that infringes any copyright, and that you are wholly responsible for any copyright infringement resulting from your conduct. If you are unsure about whether your conduct is lawful, you should not attach the content.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice. If you believe that your content has been improperly used in the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please contact Verizon at the address below. Pursuant to Title II of the DMCA, all claims alleging copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on Verizon's system or network should be promptly sent in the form of written notice to Verizon's Designated Agent. The Designated Agent for DMCA Notice is:
Verizon Copyright Department
1320 North Courthouse Road, Floor 9
Arlington, Virginia 22201, U.S.A.
NOTE: No other notices or communications should be sent to the Designated Agent, who is appointed solely for the purpose of receiving notices of claims alleging copyright infringement under the DMCA. Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- Signature of copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- Identification of copyrighted work claimed to be infringed;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (address, phone number and, if available, email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
- Open Source and Third Party Licenses. Your use of the Service is subject to any open source licenses that form part of the Service as set out in the Open Licenses file in the App. Certain software or technical information is licensed from third parties, and may be covered by one or more U.S. Patents, pending U.S. patent applications, and pending counterpart European and international patents. You are subject to the terms of any third party agreements.
- Termination. Verizon may limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue the Service, or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice, including if you breach these Terms. You may also cancel your use of this service at any time by unsubscribing to the Service. Any trial of the Service shall terminate at the end of the trial period.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULLNESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, INTEROPERABILITY, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPED, VIRUS FREE, OR COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL OR AS TO THE IDENTIFICATION, LABELING, SPAM OR BLOCK MANAGEMENT, OR BLOCKING OF CALLS. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES DO NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) OR GUARANTEE THAT ALL SPAM, ROBOCALLER AND FRAUDLENT CALLERS WILL BE IDENTIFIED, LABELED CORRECTLY OR BLOCKED. THE SERVICE COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR DATA, DEVICE, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE LIABILITY OF VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FOR MONETARY DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIMS, THAT YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THESE TERMS ARE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE PROPORTIONATE AMOUNT OF THE SERVICE CHARGES ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE AFFECTED PERIOD, AND THE MAXIMUM IN DAMAGES RECOVERABLE SHALL BE TEN ($10) U.S. DOLLARS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, REPUTATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR COST OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT OR WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. VERIZON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS OR PENALTIES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) AS A RESULT OF MIS-IDENTIFICATION, MIS-MANAGEMENT OR BLOCKING OF A CALLER OR FAILURE TO PROPERLY IDENTIFY, MANAGE OR BLOCK A CALLER.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold Verizon, and its licensors and suppliers harmless from any claims arising out of or relating to your or any User's actual or alleged misuse or fraudulent use of the Service or any other actual or alleged breach of these Terms. You are responsible for any costs incurred by Verizon or any other party (including reasonable legal fees) in connection with such claims.
- Export Control. Use of the Service may be subject to the export and import laws of the Unites States and other countries. You agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations. By using the Service and/or by downloading the applicable Application, you agree that you are not located in, under the control of, or a resident or national of any country, or person, on the United States Treasure Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department Table of Deny Orders. You also agree that you are not located in a country that is subject to the U.S. government embargo, or that is designated by the U.S. as a terrorist supporting country and you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You agree also not to attempt to export or import any encrypted information, materials, hardware or software.
- Safety. Please do not endanger yourself and others by using the Service while driving or engaging in any other activity that requires your full attention.