Call Filter is a service that helps you take control of your calls and gives you the tools to manage those calls as you choose.*
If your device is eligible, Call Filter helps you better manage incoming spam calls with the following features:
- Detection: get real-time alerts on your incoming call screen with the following labels so you can better avoid spam calls:
- Potential Spam**: Unwanted callers that may be calling indiscriminately or inappropriately to a large number of recipients.
- Robo Caller: Automated caller with a pre-recorded message.
- Potential Fraud: An entity likely pretending to be someone they're not with malicious intent.
- Blocking: set up your spam filter to send unsolicited callers straight to voicemail. How to set up your spam filter.
- Beginning in May 2019, the spam filter will automatically be set to block high risk spam callers when new customers subscribe to Call Filter and Call Filter Plus. The spam filter may inadvertently block calls you may want to receive. To change this setting, visit our How to Use Guide for instructions.
- Reporting: report a phone number after they've called. This information helps us improve our spam detection service. How to report a number as spam.
- Personal spam list: take further control of your calls by adding other numbers to your own, custom spam list so you can be alerted when specific numbers attempt to call you in the future.
- Personal block list: add numbers to your own, custom block list so that calls from specific, unwanted numbers are automatically forwarded to voicemail.
- Spam risk meter: see each spam call’s level of risk so that you can learn more about the caller.
- Spam lookup: search our spam database to see if a number has already been identified as spam.
Calls from Unknown Numbers
Call Filter Plus, our premium subscription, identifies unknown numbers by name on the incoming call screen, call log, visual voicemail app and eligible messaging apps.
Easily add identified numbers to your contacts, spam or block list; and upload your own picture and name to share when calling other Call Filter subscribers who may not have your number saved.
If the caller has uploaded an image to their Call Filter profile and you are using an eligible device, you'll also see their picture.
* Call Filter is not available on all calls, on all equipment, or in all areas. Caller ID is not available for restricted or unlisted numbers. Call Filter cannot yet identify or automatically block spam calls that originate outside of the US, but customers with an eligible device can now block all incoming calls from international numbers if they choose.
** All spam calls will be labeled as “Potential Spam” for customers enrolled in the free version of Call Filter.