Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
How to Identify Device Damage
If your current device is under warranty and has a manufacturing defect:
- We send you a warranty replacement device.
- You send the defective device back to us.
However, if the device you returned has no manufacturing defect but is damaged instead, then the device:
- Isn't covered under warranty.
- Isn't eligible for a Certified Like-New Replacement (CLNR).
- Can't be returned to you and your account is charged for the replacement device we sent. This "Damaged Device Fee" could be as much as the replacement device's retail price.
If your device has the kind of damage described in this guide, you have other options for getting a replacement device while avoiding a Damaged Device Fee:
- Check the My Verizon webiste or app to see if your device is eligible for an upgrade.
- Replace your device through your device protection if you have it.
If neither of the above options applies, you can:
- Buy a CLNR device at a lower price than the cost of a new device. Visit our online shop, choose Filter By at the top and select the Certified Pre-Owned checkbox.
- Use our Device Payment program to buy a new device with monthly payments.
- Buy a new device by paying the retail price all at once.
Apple and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.