When trying to identify if your device has physical damage, you should consider the following:
- Is the device cracked?
- Is there an excessive amount of scratches?
- Is there any separation between the halves?
- Are any keys, buttons or lenses missing?
- Is the device bent?
- Are there unauthorized hardware alternations? Examples include:
- Bezels (cases) that involve opening the case and removing the original bezel
- Non-factory device color
- Non-removable battery/back panel (Doesn’t include back panels that can be removed for battery access)
- Device screens that have been replaced by a customer or non-authorized agent
- After-market decorations that are affixed permanently to the device
Note: Most of these alterations are cosmetic but since they involve opening the device's case in a way that voids a manufacturer's original warranty, these changes may result in a Damaged Device Fee.