Block up to 5 numbers for 90 days. Go to Block calls and messages in My Verizon to set up the numbers you want to block.
Learn more on our Block Numbers page and Spam Controls FAQs.
Internet Spam Blocking
Block up to 15 email addresses, websites or text names permanently. Visit Internet Spam Blocking in My Verizon to set up your blocks today.
Learn more about internet spam blocking from our:
We offer 3 different service blocks:
- Messaging Blocks: Prevent a device from using all messaging services or block specific types, including multimedia messaging.
- Purchase and Gifting Blocks: Prevent a line on your account from charging third-party apps, virtual goods, services, donations and gift cards to your Verizon Wireless bill.
- Free Services: Choose to opt in or opt out of the Verizon Selects program.
Learn more from our Block and Unblock Services FAQs and How to Block Services video.
Receive alerts when you reach certain percentages of data usage. You can customize these on the Usage Alerts page in My Verizon. If you have allowances for minutes and messaging, you can also receive alerts for your usage in those categories. Visit our Tools for Monitoring Usage page for more information on Usage Alerts and other similar tools.
Note: Usage Alerts are free and different from Usage Controls.
Verizon Support & Protection
Android™ -- Preloaded on your device as VZ Protect, the free basic version of the Android app will help protect your phone and information from malware and viruses. If you want the premium version of the app, you can subscribe to Total Mobile Protection within 30 days of adding a new device or upgrading your device. Your subscription to Total Mobile Protection includes the premium version of the Verizon Support & Protection app which gives you instant access to Tech Coach.
For more information, visit our Verizon Support & Protection FAQs and How to Use Guide.
iPhone® -- The Verizon Support & Protection app for iPhone can:
- Provide your phone's last known location
- Show you how long your battery is predicted to last
- Tell you which files are using up your phone's internal memory