Verizon Selects helps make marketing you see more personalized and useful to you across the devices and services you use. This program shares information with Oath (formed by the combination of AOL and Yahoo).
Verizon Selects uses:
- Information about your wireless device and how you use it - including web addresses of the sites you visit, similar information about apps and features you use, as well as device and advertising identifiers.
- Information about your device location including network data and location information transmitted by apps and sites you permit to use your device location.
- Your postal and email addresses.
- Information about your Verizon products and services and how you use them (such as data and calling features and use, Fios service options, equipment and device types). Some of this information is CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information), which is information about the quantity, type, destination, location, and amount of use of your Verizon telecommunications and interconnected voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services and related billing information.
- Information we get from other companies (such as gender, age range, interests, shopping preferences, and ad responses) or that you provide.
- Information advertisers share with us to better target their own advertising.
This information may be combined with information collected by Oath advertising services on devices you use to access Oath services and visit third-party websites and apps that include Oath advertising services (such as web browsing, app usage, and location), as well as information we obtain from third-party partners and advertisers. This information is described in the Oath and Yahoo privacy policies.
The advertising program uses online and device identifiers including browser cookies, advertising IDs from Apple and Google, and one created by Verizon, known as a Unique Identifier Header or UIDH. Verizon includes a UIDH in the address information of Internet requests going to Verizon companies (including Oath) and to a small number of partners to help deliver services unrelated to advertising, such as authentication of devices on our network. When you join Verizon Selects, the UIDH may also be shared with partners who help us provide advertising services. Verizon partners are authorized to use the UIDH only as part of Verizon and Oath services and not for their own separate uses. More information about the UIDH can be found here.
Review the full Verizon Selects Participation Agreement.