Tired of unwanted calls? We offer a few different services to block calls and messages from specific contacts. Refer to the options below to determine the right solution for you.
- Find out about the Verizon Smart Family™ / Usage Controls option
- Learn about our free blocking option
Note: If you have a prepaid account, these blocking features aren't currently available. Refer to the My Verizon for Prepaid FAQs for an alternative way to block calls and messages.
Verizon Smart Family Premium™
For just $10 per month, permanently block calls and texts from up to 20 phone numbers, including restricted and unavailable numbers, per line on your account. You can also monitor and limit minutes, text and data usage for up to 10 devices on your account.
What you get:
- Block calls and messages from domestic and international numbers
- Block restricted, unavailable or private numbers
- Restrict calls, texts, and data during a certain time of day
- Block inappropriate apps and websites
- Schedule location alerts to see where your devices are during the day
- And so much more
Sign up for if you don't already have it, or visit the Verizon Smart Family FAQs for more information.
Usage Controls subscribers: Usage Controls offers some similar blocking features as Verizon Smart Family, but it's no longer available for new subscribers. If you already subscribe to Usage Controls, go to our Usage Controls - Manage Blocked Contacts page for instructions on how to block a contact with this service.
Visit our Usage Controls FAQs to learn more.
My Verizon - Block Calls & messages
- Block up to 5 contacts
- Block calls and texts
- Blocks expire after 90 days
Watch the How to Add Blocks video for an overview of the new Blocks experience.
The Federal Trade Commission also offers a service to help prevent telemarketing calls to your mobile or home number. For more information, visit the National Do Not Call Registry website.