Tired of unwanted calls? Whether you're looking to block a few specific numbers, or prevent all spammers and robocallers from reaching you, we have several different options to choose from.
Block all Spam and Robocalls:
- Get more information on Caller Name ID
Block Specific Numbers:
- Get more information on Find out about the Verizon Smart Family™ / Usage Controls option
- Get more information on Learn about our free blocking option
Note: If you have a prepaid account, these blocking features aren't currently available. Refer to the My Verizon for Prepaid FAQs for an alternative way to block calls and messages.
Caller Name ID
For just $2.99 per month, avoid unwanted callers with spam detection, and set up a spam filter and block list to prevent unsolicited callers from reaching you.
What you get:
- A spam filter and block list to prevent unsolicited calls
- Spam detection to let you know if you should answer or not
- Caller details like name, picture, city and state for unknown numbers
- A custom profile that allows you to upload your own picture and information to share with other Verizon Wireless customers
Verizon Smart Family Premium™
For just $10 per month, permanently block calls and texts from up to 20 phone numbers, including restricted and unavailable numbers, per line on your account. You can also monitor and limit minutes, text and data usage for up to 10 devices on your account.
What you get:
- Block calls and messages from domestic and international numbers
- Block restricted, unavailable or private numbers
- Restrict calls, texts, and data during a certain time of day
- Block inappropriate apps and websites
- Schedule location alerts to see where your devices are during the day
- And so much more
Sign up if you don't already have it, or visit the Verizon Smart Family FAQs for more information.
Usage Controls subscribers: Usage Controls offers some similar blocking features as Verizon Smart Family, but it's no longer available for new subscribers. If you already subscribe to Usage Controls, go to our Usage Controls - Manage Blocked Contacts page for instructions on how to block a contact with this service.
Visit our Usage Controls FAQs to learn more.
My Verizon - Block Calls & messages
- Block up to 5 contacts
- Block calls and texts
- Blocks expire after 90 days
Watch the How to Add Blocks video for an overview of the new Blocks experience.