Introducing Busy Lamp Field
Busy Lamp Field (BLF) allows One Talk desk phone users to monitor the status of other users in their group and answer incoming calls for the monitored extensions. For use on the One Talk T46G/T46GW using the EXP40 expansion module and T49G desk phone models. This desk-phone-only feature is configured and enabled using the One Talk portal by the SPOC or admin.
Once enabled, a single line appearance is presented for each monitored extension on the monitoring user's desk phone. The line appearance displays the state of the monitored extension's presence through the LED on the desk phone line key button. Users can answer an incoming call on the monitored extension using their line by pressing the BLF extension’s line button when that extension is ringing. Users can make use of other calling features, such as transfer and conference to manage calls.
- Monitor up to 50 lines on a single desk phone.
- Bridging and Busy Lamp Field (BLF) can be used on the same desk phone.
- Monitored lines ONLY fill up line keys not already in use for Speed Dials or Intercom or Bridged Line keys.
- Customer-configured Speed Dials or Intercom line keys are not overwritten or changed.
- Monitored lines have to be in the same group within the account.
- The monitoring desk phone receives an alert (beep) for incoming calls for monitored users, including a visual display on the desk phone that allows a call to be answered. If more than one incoming call for monitored lines is received, the lines are shown in the sequence they arrive. The visual display provides the caller information (from and to phone number).