Introducing Music on Hold - Group Business Feature
Music on Hold allows your business to play system or custom music to a caller when placed "on hold" or when a call is "parked". When enabled, this feature eliminates the silence or dead air a customer experiences when placed on Hold. As a One Talk subscriber, this feature will be available at no additional cost and can be enabled from the One Talk portal.
- Flexibility to set up Music on Hold for each specific Group within the same account
Example: Group 1 enables Music on Hold and utilizes the default System Selection, Group 2 uses a custom audio file and Group 3 leaves the feature off
- Choose from a default music selection or upload a custom audio file
- Integration or use of external Music on Hold services is not supported at this time with One Talk
Custom Audio Files
To use or record your own legally usable music or announcement, make sure the resulting audio file meets the following criteria:
WAV file format:
- CCITT, u-lawor a-law codec
- 8 kHz (sampling rate/frequency)
- 8-bit mono
- 5 MB or less total file size
Recording Your Own Audio File
To record your own music or announcement, we recommend downloading and using the Broadsoft Recorder (searchable under that name from the Apple® App Store® or Google Play™ Store). The Broadsoft Recorder formats the recording for you, so it's simple to use.
Formatting an Existing Audio File
Alternatively, you can use other programs and applications such as G711.org to format existing Digital Rights Management (DRM) free audio files to the correct specifications.
For additional information regarding the Music on Hold feature, please see Enable / Disable Hold Music - One Talk Portal.