To be eligible to transfer a phone line to another account you must:
- Make sure your balance is current on the account you want to transfer. You're still responsible for any account charges until the transfer is completed.
- Have an active wireless number for at least 30 days (standard monthly accounts) or 5 days (business accounts).
- Determine if you want to transfer any device payment agreement(s) tied to your wireless number(s).
- Make sure you have the email address and the full first and last name of the person who will be taking over your line(s). We’ll use it to send them an email with a link to complete the transfer. Make sure the first and last name is spelled correctly to prevent any delays.
- Complete the transfer authorization process online or in the My Verizon app. Your authorization is good for 15 days for standard monthly accounts or 30 days for business accounts.