Follow these instructions to activate your new or Certified Pre-Owned 4G LTE Android tablet.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Original Tablet
Note: If you haven't had a tablet before or you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- See if your original phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If it is, refer to our Transferring Content - Existing Customers page or Transferring Content - New Customers page to learn how to transfer your contacts and content from your original tablet after activating your new tablet. For more information, visit VerizonWireless.com/cloud.
- If your original tablet isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup Assistant℠ Plus.
Step 2: Activate Your 4G LTE SIM Card or Transfer Your SIM Card
If your new tablet arrived with a Verizon Wireless SIM card already inserted:
Call (877) 807-4646 and follow the prompts to activate the SIM card.
Have your Customer Receipt available because you may be asked to confirm information from it, such as the mobile number assigned to your tablet. If prompted, follow the instructions to accept the Customer Agreement.
If you're using an existing Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card:
- Remove the SIM card from your original device. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to your device's User Guide.
- Insert the SIM card into your new device. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to your device's User Guide.
Step 3: Set Up Your New Tablet
- Charge your tablet.
- Turn on your new tablet.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to activate your tablet and set up a Google™ account.
- Prepaid customers: Select Sign Up Now when prompted to set up Verizon Wireless Data Service during initial setup.
- Standard monthly customers:
- Tap No Thanks when prompted to set up Verizon Wireless Data Service.
- When you choose to activate service, tap Settings, tap Wireless Settings and tap View Verizon Account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up your account.
- Transfer any saved content from your original tablet to your new one. Refer to our Transferring Content - Existing Customers page or Transferring Content - New Customers page to learn how to transfer your contacts and content from your original tablet.
For some newer Android tablets, you can view step-by-step instructions for many of your tablet's features with our Interactive Simulators. From the simulator index page, select your tablet from the list.
1For prepaid customers, data charges may apply for download (1 MB) and usage. Compatible device required.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.